Central Sydney Intensive English High School

Harmony and Progress

Telephone61 2 9595 9200




How old is your child? When did your child arrive in Australia? What is your child’s first language? What is your child’s English proficiency?

We welcome students 11-17 years of age who have arrived in Australia in the last 6 months, speak a language other than English as their first language and who need to learn English in a New Arrival Program before enrolling in mainstream secondary school.

Does your child live in our drawing area?

We welcome students who live in our student-drawing area - the inner Sydney suburbs of Alexandria, Waterloo, Zetland, Beaconsfield, Eveleigh, Chippendale, Surry Hills, Redfern, Haymarket, Ultimo, Pyrmont, parts of Newtown; the south eastern suburbs of La Perouse, Little Bay, Phillip Bay, Chifley, Malabar, Matraville, Hillsdale, Botany, Pagewood, Eastgardens, Maroubra, Mascot, Rosebery, Eastlakes, Daceyville; the eastern suburbs of  Kensington, Kingsford, Coogee, Randwick, Clovelly, Bondi Junction, Bondi, Woollahra, Waverley, Bronte, Paddington, Darlinghurst, Centennial Park, Moore Park, Potts Point, Elizabeth Bay, Darling Point, Rushcutters Bay, Kings Cross, Woolloomooloo,  Dover Heights, Vaucluse, Rose Bay, Double Bay, Watsons Bay and the western suburbs of Homebush, Rhodes, Liberty Grove, Wentworth Point, Sydney Olympic Park, Concord, Five Dock, Abbotsford, Strathfield, Strathfield South, parts of Lidcombe.                   

Does your child have a valid visa for enrolment?

We welcome students with a valid visa for enrolment. The school enrols Australian citizens, Permanent residents and eligible Temporary visa holders.

Check the Visa Subclasses and Enrolment Conditions document to see if your child holds a valid visa.

Visa-Subclasses-and-Enrolment-Conditions.pdf (deinternational.nsw.edu.au)


If your child is eligible to enrol and you wish to enrol them, you can make an appointment for an Assessment and Enrolment by calling 61 (02) 9595 9200 or emailing centralsydneyiehs-school@det.nsw.edu.au or completing the Online Assessment & Enrolment Booking Form below:

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email document.authentication@det.nsw.edu.au to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.